06 November 2006

Haggard

New Life Church posted Ted Haggard's letter that was read to the congregation yesterday morning, and his wife's. James Dobson spoke with H. B. London, Al Mohler, and Ravi Zacharias about the whole ordeal on this morning's radio broadcast.

Amid the surprise and sadness, I find my main reaction in the wake of this to be renewed resolve, more than ever, to guard my own mind and wage war on the impure intrusions which present themselves as so harmless. O the deceitfulness of sin!

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water . . .

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ . . .

No comments: