1. The more you say, the less people will remember.--Phil Campbell and Gary Millar, Saving Eutychus (Matthias Media, 2013), 50-61
2. Make the 'big idea' shape everything you say.
3. Choose the shortest, most ordinary words you can.
4. Use short sentences.
5. Forget everything your English teacher taught you.
6. Am I repeating myself? [as in, we should be]
7. Translate narratives into the present tense.
8. The six-million-dollar secret of illustrating. [namely, don't illustrate complex ideas but simple ones]
9. People love to hear about people.
10. Work towards your key text.
24 April 2013
Top Ten Ways to Make Your Preaching Clearer
Phil Campbell offers ten ways to make our preaching clearer (a la Col 4:2). Good stuff for all communicators--in an excellent book by the way. He expounds with a few paragraphs on each in the book.
Posted by Dane Ortlund at Wednesday, April 24, 2013